The Task

You will work in teams of three to research and make a presentation on international aid agencies.

You will be learning how to become a responsible global citizen. By exploring international government aid agencies you will see how global citizens can make a difference by working towards global sustainability. By using  global connections you can help make a difference to the world’s people and environment.

Your presentation:

International Aid Agencies –  refugees – smore, movie or slideshow. Prepare a presentation explaining what your aid agency does for refugees.

Activity  – Your team will need to collaborate to produce a presentation for the relief program you have chosen.

Assessment

Assessment of you as an individual and as a team member will be ongoing throughout the term and will follow these guidelines. Read them carefully so that you understand the expectations of the task.

High

Sound

Basic

Collecting information

Ability to gather relevant information I used a large number of appropriate resources to gather information which was important and related to the questions. I used a variety of resources and collected information which was generally useful. I used only one or two resources and did not select the key points to answer the questions
Ability to use information to support a particular perspective I developed a good understanding of  the issues and supported this well with information gathered. I presented a key aspect  about the issue and provided some information to support it. I formed an opinion with only limited use of the information gathered.

Working as a team

Ability to work with others in a group I listened carefully to others, shared own information and supported others to  keep the group working together as well. I listened to others and made some comments to support the group work together. I listened to some people but did not always encourage others to contribute their ideas.

Presenting information

Ability to present information with rationale I presented key points with supportive evidence. I supported the key points with some evidence. I presented some key points in a short manner.

Taking action

Ability to apply learning and create own response to the issues of refugees I can use information to analyse the global response to refugees. I can provide evidence to explain an aspect of relief to refugees. I can ask some questions of clarification about caring for refugees.

How to be a good team member

Demonstrate reliability

You can count on a reliable team member who gets work done and does his fair share to work hard and meet commitments. You can count on him or her to deliver good performance all the time, not just some of the time.

Communicate constructively

Teams need people who speak up and express their thoughts and ideas clearly, directly, honestly, and with respect for others and for the work of the team.

Listen actively

Good listeners are essential for teams to function effectively.

Function as an active participant

Good team players are active participants. They come prepared for team meetings and listen and speak up in discussions.

Share openly and willingly

Good team players share. They’re willing to share information, knowledge, and experience. They take the initiative to keep other team members informed.

Cooperate and pitch in to help

Cooperation is the act of working with others and acting together to accomplish a job. Good team members respond to requests for assistance and take the initiative to offer help.

Show commitment to the team

Strong team members care about their work, the team, and the team’s work

Work as a problem-solver

Good team members are problem-solvers, not problem-dwellers, problem-blamers, or problem-avoiders.

Treat others in a respectful and supportive manner

Good team members treat fellow team members with courtesy and consideration — not just some of the time but consistently. In addition, they show understanding and the appropriate support of other team members to help get the job done.

adapted from: Ten Qualities of an Effective Team Player – For Dummies

www.dummies.com/…/ten-qualities-of-an-effective-teamplayer.html